Welcome to the Cancer Information and Support Centre, where we offer a range of services including counselling, social work and complementary services to support anyone affected by cancer; patient, family or friend.
Our drop-in advice and information service is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, with no appointment necessary. We offer a warm and welcoming, confidential environment, call in for a coffee and a chat.
This facility was made possible through the generosity of the Mid-Western Hospitals Development Trust, University Hospital Limerick, and The Mid-Western Cancer Foundation and is affiliated with the Irish Cancer Society. The Mid-Western Cancer Foundation continues to fund the information and support centre on an ongoing basis.
Contact the Information & Support Centre on 061 485163.
Drop-In Information Centre
This is a friendly, relaxed place where anyone is welcome to call in for a cup of tea and a chat. There is a wide range of information available to meet your individual needs. Information is available in the form of leaflets/books on specific cancers including symptoms and side effects. Here you will also be able to find information on practical and emotional issues, including:
- How to cope with stress and anxiety
- How to manage fatigue and tiredness
- Talking to children about cancer
- How to care for someone with cancer
- Managing the financial impact of cancer
- The emotional effect of cancer
- When you visit the Cancer Information Centre, you will find:
- A comfortable environment where you can read and discuss the information you have been given
- Emotional support – someone to listen to your worries in confidence
- Guidance on what other support services are available
- Support groups in your area and nationally
Our drop-in advice and information service is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with no appointment necessary.